Monday, March 26, 2012

Finding Others

If this isn't you're first time reading this you know I'm on a mission.  I am determined to learn as much as possible about a condition we know as "compassion fatigue" among nurses.  The first question I asked was "what is this I'm feeling" and I've just kept going from there.  Recently, I've been very (pleasantly) suprised to find other blogs discussing compassion fatigue, two of which I have found extremely informative. 

The Nursing Ethics Blog has a post titled "Compassion Fatigue" which discusses an article from the Wall Street Journal and takes a strong stand stating, "institutions of all kinds have a fundamental obligation to safeguard the mental and emotional health of employees."  A second blog which I found on the Compassion Fatigue Solutions website offers anything from stories of traumatic stress as told by a paramedic to solutions to keeping yourself emotionally and physically healthy.

It is refreshing to see other bloggers out there sharing information on a situation that has been around as long as the healthcare field itself.  I'm excited to follow these as I continue to search for others out there.  The more sources I can find, the better, more complete, and hopefully more helpful, my answers can be. 


1 comment:

  1. You truly have found your community here. I'm thrilled to see you connecting to others in the field and seeing how they incorporate other text voices (like the WSJ). Great--I'm interested in seeing how this all plays out in your analysis paper!

    ReplyDelete